Wallis Cinemas is a proud South Australian, family owned and operated Company consisting of cinema complexes in the suburbs, South Australia’s only Drive-In and a Function Centre/Tavern in the Adelaide Hills.
Established in 1953 by Hugh Wallis, the Blueline Drive-In was an instant hit. Many Drive-Ins were then developed over the next decade throughout the metropolitan area and then later in country areas.
Currently we have Cinemas at Mitcham –Mt Barker – Noarlunga – Piccadilly North Adelaide and Mildura.
Wallis offer a range of services from going to the movies, corporate nights, fundraising nights, gifts for employees and customer’s.
More than 280 staff members are employed across the Company.
Interesting Facts :
• Hughie Wallis opened Adelaide’s first Drive in the Blue Line, also Australia’s second Drive In.
• Developed the first multi-screen complex in Australia at Glenelg
• First Cinema complex with licensed bar – Glenelg
• First Cinema chain to introduce Dolby Sound.
• Wallis Cinemas was originally “Wallis Refrigeration” who made domestic fridges
• Prior to the Blueline opening in 1953, Hugh and Bob used to show films in community halls across the state.
• Wallis Cinemas operates a service Booking and Buying film for 90 independent screens across the country – from Katherine to Davenport!!
• One employee has been with the company for over 60 years, and most of the management team have clocked up over 30 years each.
• Wallis Cinemas was the first fully digitalised circuit in Australia
• Wallis city location ran “Never Ending Story” for over 3 years!!
• Wallis Cinemas held the world premieres for Breaker Morant and Robbery Under Arms.
• Wallis Cinemas has a strong community focus and supports local charities with donations and access to film nights. Enabling charities to raise much needed funds
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org